Sunday, January 18, 2009

Feeling Yucky but going strong.


I am so sorry it has been a couple of weeks since the last time we posted. We haven't had a lot of updates. We are still in Provo doing a nationwide job search for Andrew. We haven't had many bites but we are positive and feel something will turn up soon. But in the meantime we are staying at our home in Provo, Andrew is serving at Red Robin and I have been holding down the fort here at home. My new mission in life is to clean the kitchen linoleum. It is the textured kind that makes it near to impossible to get out 30 some years of dirt out of the little indentations. But I am determined. If anyone has any tips on how to clean it please let me know. Oh to explain this picture we don't have a bathtub so Luke baths in our Kitchen sink. He is almost out growing it, but I have to admit I have found it most convenient. I don't know what I am going t0 do when I get a bathtub and have to give him real baths:-)

Luke is wonderful. He is getting to be quite the escape artist, escaping from the many barricades we put up around the house. However, the past couple of days have been particularly interesting. Luke has got the stomach flu. Oh it has been so sad. It is hard being sick as a grown up but I think it is harder being sick as a little one. He just doesn't feel good and I don't know what to do to help him feel better. He started with some diarrhea on Friday and was having a hard time keeping stuff down Saturday and all through the night the following days. Andrew and I had to kind of laugh that after so many baths, loads of laundry and changing sheets we didn't have any other option so we ended up sleeping with Luke on the living room floor. This is the picture of one of those late nights.It was like a big funny family sleepover. Except Luke was not having fun and in turn mommy and daddy have been a little sleep deprived. Well we took him to the doctor on Tuesday and he had gastro interitis. (stomach virus) So we pumped him full of pedia-light and her started feeling better. Well next day we got a whole new surprise he seemed to be in pain and we opened his diaper and saw a very red, swollen and inflamed genitals. So we brought him in and he has an infection down there. So we have him on an antibiotic to help his infection and a probiatic so it doesn't further inflame the diarrhea. Poor little guy, its been a rough week. But his appetite is starting to come back and that makes us happy. And as long as he has a book to look through he is content. I love his new fascination with books it doesn't seem to matter what book as long as he can turn the pages he is happy.

We hope every one is doing well and will post again soon!!!

8 comments:

Allison said...

Yuck... poor Luke! Keep searching with the job hunt and let us know if any of your travels bring you up North!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

I hope he feels better soon! We love you guys so much!!!!

Lynn and Shelly said...

So that is what the kitchen sink is really for, bathtime ...! :)

We hope Luke gets feeling better. How are you doing Kristi? I'm looking all the time in the paper out here for Andrew. It would be fun to have you back east in Chicagoland.

-Aunt Shelly

Braziers said...

Hey Kristi, I saw your link off of Alli's blog and wanted to say hi, so.....hi! Your fam is adorable. Good luck with the linoleum. What is your husband searching for a job in? I will go ahead and give a plug for Denver, we love it! See ya, Shayna (Bush) Brazier

Francine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Francine said...

Pray for all three of you every night. I also know that Andrew will find a job, it just will take a moment in this life to get there. I know there are so many in this country now that are suffering. I am so happy that you have Red ------. I keep hoping that ssometime on your way coming or going you will stop for a bathroom break or for a drink of anything I have. I don't seem to get down that way any more. Maybe y9ou are still there so that I can see your sweet little home and son before you move.

Francine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Poor little man! I am glad that he is starting to turn upwards. This may seem super tedious, but I clean our floor every other month on my hands and knees with Clorox Wipes. The first time it took me like 5 hours to get it all, but since then it only takes 20 minutes or so, plus a few Swiffer swipes in between!

P.S. I think you should probably just move to the Seattle area.