Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Happpiest Anniversary on Earth- Part #5

(This is 5th and concluding post of the documentation of the most amazing trip I have ever taken- I am picking up where my previous post ended. Once again feel free to skip the text and scroll through the pictures:-) Click here to hear about our trip from the beginning!

We are down to our last and final day. And our Official Anniversary! We had been celebrating the anniversary all week but on the actual Anniversary Andrew planned a fun filled day of sentimental surprises. Did I mention I love this guy!!!! So we started off the 12th with a nice lazy morning. We slept in and headed over to Celebration. This is the little Disney town where we used to live and where Andrew's old office was located! We went and visited the old SATO team. They are such wonderful people. Andrew worked on this team while Luke was born and each of them have such a special place in our hearts. They made this vacation truly a dream come true!
Thank You!

We loved visiting, and driving through Celebration we have so many wonderful memories of this place.
So after visiting the office we headed over to EPCOT to begin the Anniversary Day Festivities. It was the most beautiful day! Oh how I love humidity and 95 degree weather!

We started by checking in for our lunch reservations at the Rose and Crown. And headed over
to ride on one of our favorite rides, Soarin. If you haven't been on this ride. It is fabulous! When Soarin first opened I was able to take my sister Cori and our friend Ali on the ride during the cast preview and ever since that moment I have been hooked. Its beautiful and exciting and I like it a lot! It was a fabulous way to start off.
Then it was time for our Anniversary Lunch at the Rose and Crown. This is the sit down restaurant in UK pavilion in the
World Showcase.
Usually we focus on the fish and chips here, but we decided to go all out for this lunch! We started out with the raspberry lemonade and Appetizers. I have to say this was by far my favorite part. I think I am Love!!!!! The first appetizer was a yummy shrimp dish with some sort of ricey stuff underneath. So good! But by far my favorite food experience of this trip was th e second appetizer. It was a hardboiled egg wrapped in sausage deep fried and served with brown mustard and spicy toast! Oh my goodness, I know it
probably clogged every atterybut it was amazing!!
MMMMMMMmmmmmm just thing about it makes me hungry!

So so good! For the main coarse we had Bangers and Mash and and amazing meat pie. And to top it off we had a Blackwell Tart and Sticky Toffee Pudding( a personal favorite of mine). Basically it was it was fabulous!
Then we played in the Uk for a little while. We went and visited a good "friend" of mine, Alice. We stood in line and got pictures. I was so excited to see her and talk to her and it was fun that she remembered me. The went to the Twinings Shop. I love tea Cups!

Then it was off to a very special part of the day. Recreating our first date! On our very first date Andrew and I went to see Turtle Talk with Crush. Well actually on our first date we went and played in EPCOT but this was our favorite part. It is set in the Living Seas and is such an awesome show. You go and sit in a little theater and all the kids go and sit in the front. It is set up as if you are looking in and aquarium. And the animated Crush comes out and interacts with the audience. He swims around and asks the kids about human
stuff and teaches the kids about turtles. It is always different and always so so fun.





After Crush, we said goodbye to EPCOT and headed back over to our favorite park for
Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party.
Andrew and I decided to dress up as Mickey and Minnie for the Party. Don't you love the costumes? We decided to keep simple just Mickey hand and ears. But they made for some of my favorite pictures I have ever taken in front of the Castle.
Mickey's Not So Scary Party is an extra after hours party. It has special decorations, and events. So we went, changed for the party, got our wristbands and Trick or Treat bags and began an amazing evening. They have a Villain's show (here is Andrew in front of the stage), A parade, Candy trails, and special Character greetings. It was a really fabulous way to end our trip. I had never been to the party and they have always been on of Andrew's favorites.


We went a little crazy on the candy trail. And ended up with 13 lbs of candy. Blahhh, hahahaha it was very humorous carrying it home on the airplane the next day. Here is the intern from Andrew' Office-



Oh and we met some of the Ghosts from the haunted mansion


But the must see of the evening was visiting our friend Ben and his friend Buzz Lightyear.




Then the party drew to a close and it was time to go home.











P.S. This is a random movie we took of the ride at Space Ship earth. It made us laugh so we thought we would share it :-)

4 comments:

Allison said...

Wow. That is one really fun spontaneous anniversary! I am incredibly impressed with Andrew's planning ability!

Amy said...

I have LOVED reading through these posts about your anniversary. I felt like I was living vicariously through you. And you did EVERYTHING!! How wonderful for you two:)

Devony said...

That's so incredible! I'm so thrilled you got to do and see so much and just enjoy it! Hooray for Andrew's mad travel planning skills (and keeping it a secret!) and to Grandma for babysitting!

Teresa Gashler said...

That just makes me happy :) Now I know where to go when I go to Disneyworld.