Monday, February 22, 2010

Did I mention I am a total Geek?

I have a secret obsession. Maybe not so secret. But I love Project Runway. Yes, it is reality TV and yes it is over dramatized but I love it. I love that everyone goes out, gets fabric, and creates something beautiful (well usually beautiful). But it makes me super happy because I secretly have a desire to be able to design clothing or costumes or just to make myself clothing from vinatge patterns. (oh my vintage housecoat someday I will make you) But there are a couple problems with my secret desire....

1) I can only sew straight lines 2) I don't own a sewing machine

So.... This Saturday is my birthday and I am getting this. Mostly because I have to finish sewing my Fairy Tea Costume for the library. But I have needed a machine for some time for basic stuff and now seems like the right time. Also how can I learn to sew if I don't have a Sewing Machine.
And I have another obsession that is cosely related to Project Runway.

Heidi Klum (the host of project runway) just came out with a maternity line.

I AM IN LOVE WITH IT.

I love it.
This is my favorite peice. It comes in both Blue and white

I also got these jeans but they are at the tailors. (I need them to be hemmed- I think they where made for someone 5'11') But I love them!!!!! I got a couple other peices that also make me super happy!!!!!!

It's so funny with Luke I always wanted to look pregnant but wanted to stay wearing normal clothes. With this baby I want to wear my maternity clothes now. Each day I bring them out and ask Andrew if they fit yet. But they don't and probably won't for a little while. But they are in the front of my closet and I look at them every day

6 comments:

Rosie said...

oooh... fancy machine. =) I lvoe project runway too.

Allison said...

You are a skinny jeans girl? Ba ha hahahahahaha~! I shall now mock you :) Kidding aside, that shirt is pretty cute! Soon enough you will be bursting your maternity clothes at the seams and anxiously awaiting wearing something that doesn't involve "stretch" in the title! I am glad you will have a fun new birthday present to keep you growing and developing your talents!

Charisa and Trent said...

totally love and miss you!!

Teresa Gashler said...

I've enjoyed Project Runway too. Those maternity clothes are way cute! And you are a cute preg with your little pooch. You geek you :)

Jill said...

i didn't know you were expecting and I am so happy for you!!!yay for babies

Megan and Ben Smith said...

I didn't know that she had a maternity line! So cute. You are going to look adorable! (well you already do). I love Project Runway too, it's on a little late... but I try and watch it anyway.