Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Welcome to Itty Bitty!!!



Our son is finally here!!! Okay, so we still haven't finalized his name, so we titled this post with what we've been calling him in the mean time:)

For a couple days prior to his delivery, Kristi suspected that her water was slowly leaking. We couldn't get in touch with anyone on Saturday (thanks a lot, Pioneer Day) so we waited till Monday. So off to the hospital we went on Monday afternoon to have Kristi examined.

As it turned out, Kristi was right, and she was leaking amniotic fluid. This meant we weren't going anywhere until the baby came (this is where we tell family about our secret trip to the hospital to get examined).

Kristi wasn't in labor. Because Luke came by Cesarean Section, inducing this second labor with drugs would be risky, though, we very much wanted to try a normal, vaginal birth. We had an option to induce without drugs by fully breaking Kristi's water, but her cervix was so far back the doctor couldn't reach it, which was, in his words, very rare.

It was obvious to everyone that c-section was the best option for mommy and baby. We felt really good, enthusiastic even, about our decision to simply move ahead with the c-section and not put Kristi or our son at risk, even though it meant giving up the possibility of ever having a vaginal birth.

Thirty minutes later...













I love this last picture. Kristi being spunky on her way to the operating room!


P.S. - Our little guy was born at about 9:30 p.m. Monday, July 26, 2010. He was 21 inches long and weighed in at 7 lbs. 14 ounces.

P.P.S. - If you want to come and meet our little boy we're happy to have visitors at the hospital. Give me (Andrew) a call and I'll get you the info you need.

16 comments:

Cori said...

Spunky is right. Kristi, you sounds AMAZING when you called me. Thanks for letting me share that special moment with you. I love you, I love Andrew, I love big brother Luke, and I love I.B.

He's so cute! I spied a bit of Luke in his pout, but I think it's too soon to call a Bates or Hill resemblance. I'll make a throughout evaluation when I see him in just 2 weeks!

Aubrey Jane said...

Congratulations, he is perfect! I LOVE the picture where he is laying on the table sticking his little lip out, so darling. Yay!

Rosie said...

itty bitty is beautiful! Congratulations you guys! And, by they way Kristi, a VBAC is not out of the question yet. There is lots of research saying that VBAC after 2 c-sections can still be successful... I'm toying around the idea for it with our third (that is NOT an announcement... you'll have to wait at least another year for that announcement!). Sure miss you guys! And congratulations!

Allison said...

HOORAY!!! I was anxious this morning to get to my computer and see if Baby Hill was here!! I am so glad that you had some really clear direction about whether to go C section or not...what a relief to not have to agonize over that decision and just be able to be excited to meet Itty Bitty!! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear what name you decide on!

Melissa said...

Hooray!!!! So precious!

Megan said...

Congratulations! He is perfect! I am so glad to hear that everything is well! Let me know if I can do anything!

We Joneses said...

Kristy, you are too cute. I love that picture. And CONGRATULATIONS on your darling new son! He is so precious. I can't believe how small they start out!

Rebecca Jackson said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!

Kayla said...

Congratulations to all of you! Hooray for new babies! He's adorable!

Jill Manis said...

Wow, Congratulations! I wasn't expecting to see that post, I hadn't realized she was due already. That seemed to go fast-for me :) He looks perfect!

Chantelle said...

What happy, amazing, wonderful news! He is a little cutie--how nice for Luke to have a brother! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm sorry you had to have a C-section, but I'm so glad everything went well in the end. Hugs and I hope the healing process is speedy for you!

Abby said...

Congrats guys! He's beautiful! Kristi, I'm hoping that someday we can actually be in IF at the same time. . . *sniff*

Janey said...

Congratulations Kristi and Family! He's adorable, can't wait to see more!!! Loves

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

Congrats! I oh my gosh I'm so happy! What a beautiful little boy. Can't wait to meet him!

Devony said...

Congrats! He's darling! So glad it all went so well! I love the spunky picture. It's so Kristi.