Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Off to find the castle...



Andrew had heard this rumor that there was this castle in Provo (some of you from Provo may know what I am talking about). But on Saturday we went on our weekly sample date to Costco and as we were coming back we decided to see if we could find the "Castle." All we knew was that it was at the end of Center Street on the Mt and supposedly looked like a real castle. Well we drove around for a while. Found it and hiked up to it. To make a long story short. It was and amphitheater built in the 1930's by labors for the WPA (new deal programs). There is apparently quite a few like it. It is now owned by the state. It is a wonderful space and we were so disappointed to hear Sweeney Todd had closed the night before. It would be way fun to see it done on this stage. It was a really great space the stage was nice and there was quite a bit of seating. But the best part was the view . This is Andrew and Luke on the stage. The place had a couple of photographers taking engagement and bridal pictures. It was so beautiful especially with the leaves.
Andrew was sad he hadn't heard about this place earlier, it would have been fun to take me on a date here as a surprise. It was really pretty! So if you are looking for something to do in Provo think about it. The rest are just some fun pictures we took that day. Enjoy~




Ps. His pants are not as short as they look.

9 comments:

Ami said...

Wow! That is neat. A great place for family pictures.

Binns Family said...

That is so pretty, what a fun family adventure.

Devony said...

Look at you cute people! How fun - I love just going and finding things. It's always so exciting.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Adam and I have seen "Sweeney" there. It is really excellent. I have also seen them do other things there as well. Keep your eye out, their stuff is pretty good.

PS I love the pictures. Luke is BEAUTIFUL!

Sami Dara said...

hello long lost friends of disney... i was so excited to come across this blog after reading chuck's and his fiance's. i heard rumor of you two getting hitched, but had no idea you had a BABY!!! CONGRATS ON ALL I MISSED! you two look soooo happy. and hope we can keep in touch via blog. hehe.
-Sam (Adams) -aka. friends with mickey

LittleFamilyJL said...

That looks amazing!!! I never knew that existed either. Thanks for a fun date-night idea!

By the way, you are such a darling cute family!

Ami said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!!

Francine said...

Andrew, Sorry to be late wishing you HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I have misplaced my cell phone where I have Kristi's phone number. I was rereading the blogs, and saw Ami's birthday message and thought this was better than nothing until I find the phone. I will have it by Saturday so I can wish Luke Happy Birthday. LOVE YOU ALL

Becca said...

hey kristi, i got your message. i need you to call me so we can actually talk about furniture. my number is 310-5030 i don't have your number. so please call me so we can get this taken care of i can do it this sat or next. so let me know asap