Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bedroom Ideas



We are moving into a new house this next week. Yay!!!! I am so excited. Its fun to think about how I want to decorate it. I am starting with our bedroom because it is the only room we have the furniture for. But I wouldlike it to feel nice. Simple- not cluttered (It is kind of small).

I tend to lean to an extremely vintage and Victorian style but Andrew really like things that look a little more modern. So I I am trying to find a happy medium and thought I would post and ask everyone's opinion. The picture above is similar to the bedroom set we purchased and we will be using our quilt. My mother-in-law made us this quilt it is gold/browns, creams and dusty blues and I love it. I love the classic design but because it is really intricate I want the rest of the room to be really simple. So here is the subject of discussion. What do you think of this
picture to hang above our bed. I really like it but I
have got mixed reviews. What do you think? It's a huge picture.

3 comments:

Jill said...

yay for redecorating. i love rearranging and especially simplifying. I love pictures above the bed. and i love quilts.

Rosie said...

If the picture makes you guys happy, hang it up. The colors in it are beautiful, match the quilt, and it's more abstract and modern which might make Andrew happy. But don't ever put something up just because you feel like oyu should. A blank wall is better than that! Have fun decorating! and ps-- you don't happen to live on Lambert Ln, do you?

Devony said...

Where is your new house? Your bedroom set looks like mine! Hooray! The colors in the picture definitely match the quilt colors, so now you just have to decide if it works with the "look" you want the room to have. I'm still working on that.