Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Thoughts

I have started three blog posts this week . But apparently you get a brand new one today. It has been a wonderful week. Life is happy, Luke is napping so I get to Blog and here are my
happy thoughts...

Luke Loves Me!!!
You might think this is obvious but Luke actually has had little to no preference toward me in past months. He will go to me over a stranger but other than that it is always Dad, Grandma, Kim etc. ......... But not this week. He wants to be with me, read with me, hug me, kiss me and he says my name!!! Well no, actually he doesn't. He calls me Elmo. But hey, I'll take it. It makes me so happy.

Andrew is Awesome.
I could probably put this on every happy thought post. I love him.


Sunshine
Oh, it has been beautiful here. I have tried to take Luke out for at least an hour every day. He loves to run and swing. I love to just let him go outside and run free. (I was just introduced to Pushing Daisies, and love it. So I thought it would be my sunshine picture)



Mrs. Dunwoody's Excellent Instructions for Homekeeping
by Miriam Lukken
I love this book. I got it at a bridal shower and it has become one of my favorites. It is a simple book about sweetness, beauty and the joys of housekeeping. It was written in 1866 by a well bred southern woman named Caroline Dunwoody. It began as letters, housekeeping instructions and etiquette training meant to be passed down to each generation. It was later compiled into a book. It makes housekeeping not a chore but an art. I just think it is fabulous and so much of it has worked for me. I also like that it has the feel of watching an old movie. I love the section on "Calling on Others". I love how it explains the proper thing to do with your parasol and gloves. I know I am a dork but the formality and beauty of that time just make me so happy. I probably won't ever use the section on the "language of flowers" but I love that too. If you are a dork like me, read it, you will love it.


Our bed has been made every day for almost two months
This is probably not a big deal to most people but it has been an achievement for me. We use to use our bedroom as a dumping ground. But Andrew and I have made an effort to make it clean every morning and we have succeeded. I hope we can keep it going.
Fairy Tea
This actually happened a couple weeks ago and I haven't written about it yet. But it is my favorite event. Hundreds of little girls dress up as fairies and come to a formal tea party at the Library. The story tellers dress up as fairies and do a little performance. I dyed and made my dress again this year and I am so proud of it. It was the first thing I did on my sewing machine. (I will write a whole blog post about it but I had to put it in my happy thoughts.)

I am Showing!!!
I know I probably won't love it as much at the end of my pregnancy but I absolutely love it right now. With Luke I didn't show until so late. I always felt the need to inform people I was pregnant. But this time it makes me absolutely giddy inside to have people turn to me and ask "when are you due?" Love IT!

6 comments:

Aubrey Jane said...

I'm glad you have so many great things going on and it is fun showing! :)

Chantelle said...

You look amazing! and of course, to agree with everyone else, I LOVED your dress! I'm also loving the beautiful springy weather and can't wait for the trees to bloom--my favorite thing!

Megan and Ben Smith said...

Woo hoo! Yay for happy things in life. You are one of mine. Lots of love.

Rosie said...

you are adorable. Miss you tons. Wanna come see Hill Cumorah some time? =)

Jaimie said...

Oh my gosh, I have never heard of the housekeeping book but I SO want to read it now! Thanks for sharing!
You look totally cute! I always love when I start to show. Seems like it happens earlier and earlier with each pregnancy.
You're having a boy! Congratulations! So exciting! I am having MAYBE a girl. Little baby likes to have it's legs together apparently. Bummer...
Love the fairy dress! Good job! I've never been brave enough to make something for myself yet. Making little girlie things are a little less intimidating to me.
Hope you have a lovely day!

Devony said...

I'm loving your fairy dress and your cute pregnant self. Good luck with Lukey! It sounds like you're doing great staying positive! Hopefully we can chat on the phone sometime! Love ya!