Thursday, June 10, 2010

I love my Luke!

Yesterday, Luke went in for an MRI. He was such a trooper. Everything went really well. Luke could eat clear liquids up to four hours before the procedure so we had a very early breakfast of Otter Pops. Around noon we headed toward Salt Lake to get Luke checked in. We went to the new Primary Children's Out Patient Facility and had a really good experience. For him the best part of day was the waiting room. They had pretty great toys :-)

Luke is such a even tempered child we thought he would go under really easily. He didn't :-) I have never seen him fight so hard. But he woke up super well. We were prepared with Babes and Toyland on Daddy's phone and I think that helped him a lot.

Luke slept all the way back to Provo. I had to sit in back with him and make sure his head did not fall forward, i think this might have cut off my circulation a little. Or maybe it was the stress of the day but either way the ride home took its toll on my pregnant body. Either way we ended up having to pull off in Lehi. But after a bit I felt better and we headed home. So Luke and I spent the afternoon laying down. (p.s I am not quite as big as I look in this picture:-) We did everything we could to keep him awake but it wasn't until Aunt Kimmy came over that he started to get a little of his old personality back. You see, Kimmy brought Luke a bag of his very favorite food, Cheddar Ruffles. It was the first thing we could get him to eat. And because Andrew left for scout camp Kimmy spent the evening with us.
Luke is perfect this morning. The nurse called to check on him and I was happy to say that he was back to his normal silly self. I love this little man so much!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Glad to hear it! I was thinking about you guys yesterday. Did the MRI show anything??

Kristi said...

We will find out today. :-)

K. C. said...

That video was super cute. :) It made Anthony laugh. Hope everything is well.

Chantelle said...

I'm so glad things went well and that he's back to his usual self! I'm sorry the trip was hard on your poor body; I hope you're feeling better! I loved the vid, too--completely adorable with hilarious laughter! wonderful!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

I hope everything is going well for you guys!!!! We love you!

Jamie Hyatt said...

Hi, remember me...I saw your blog on Darci's and had to say hello. What a cute little guy you have, and good luck with number two, hope things go smoothly.

Jen Davis said...

Kristi,

Thanks so much for the posts. It looks like Luke had a great time at the cabin. I hope the results of his MRI come back quickly.

As we discussed at graduation, I looked for for distinctly 19th century names you might like. Here is what I came up with:

Abbott, Barrett, Baker, Booth, Emery, Everett, Marshall, Miller, Neil, Ogden, Parker, Sadler

Let me know what you think.