Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Conference Explosion


I am so sorry it has taken us so long to update our blog but we have been so so busy. We wanted to share a funny experience that happened last weekend between conference sessions. On Saturday between sessions we decided we would o to the dollar store (one of our favorites) and both pick up a treat. I picked up Smarties (these are the candies I have started craving) and Andrew chose a soda he had had on his mission Faygo (strawberry flavored). This particular soda is the most sugary and highly pigmented I have ever seen. However, to continue with the story Andrew poured himself a glass and went to unplug the microwave. Then it happened the most amazing flying beverage I have ever seen. Andrew hit the glass of Faygo with his elbow and it tipped, fell, bounced, bounced, and exploded. It was amazing!!! The kitchen was pink. We where both in shock for a moment. Andrew was still in his suit so I had him work on spot cleaning his suit whil I began cleaning the cabinets, counters, fridge, floor and dishwasher. Sadly,we could not return to the church and had to watch the next session on line. You see Florida has more bugs than any place I have ever lived in my life and if it didn't get cleaned immediately we would soon be sharing a clean home with many unwanted visitors. Not to mention I think ourkichen counter would have stayed permanently pink, like my feet. After cleaning the kitchen the soda had died my feet bright pink. It stayed this way for most of that week.

2 comments:

Cori said...

FYI: I added a guestbook comment to your online baby shower with the link to your blog, so that people who only have the baby shower website can come over here for more little gems like the exploding pop story.

Let me know if that works for you.
Love you!

Devony said...

Oh that's too funny! How did the suit fare?