Saturday, October 27, 2007

Any advice?

Andrew and I have a couple of questions we have been thinking and researching. So I thought I would send it out there and see if anyone has any thoughts. Baby slings. Because I will be flying out to Utah when the baby is like 5 weeks old and we where looking for a baby carrier we decided we were going to use a sling. (so I will not have to hold him the entire time on the plane) we have been looking at zolowear (the most expensive and top of the line) which is like 75$ the maya wear which is like 55$ or possibley a pouch like peanut shell 50$. Do any of you parental folks out there have an opinion? are high quality slings that different from mid line slings? I know alot of people make their own sling, but seeing as I do not have any thing to sew with or on I don't think I will be able to do that ;-) If you have any ideas, advice or know of someone who does pass it on along. Ahhh I can't believe it, any time. Oh also, if anyone has anything they wish they had brought to the hospital and would like to share, I would love to hear about it :-) Hope all are well and happy we are fabulous out here!

Oh Cori, in response to you comment the address for the hospital is

Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies


83 West Miller Street ~ Orlando, FL 32806
321 843-9792

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never used a sling because I try to train my baby to sleep in their bed. I have a ton of friends who use them. I would just check to see which one is the most comfortable on your back. I also have a friend who makes them if you want me to send you one. Love you! Good Luck!

Abby said...

I like pouch slings, especially when they're tiny and you're traveling. If you're flying, it is essential to be able to get them in and out easily!! There's a girl in our ward that makes them, too. Her website is lizzyslings.com. I think hers go for about $50-70 bucks, but I've loved mine. I have one of both styles and love them both.They may give you some more good ideas!

Beattie Family said...

I have never used a sling, but was actually thinking about them the other day in reference to our next baby (no I am not pregnant), so it's nice to see a little info on them. Also about your second question- my own pillow. I sent brent back for it after the fact, but there's nothing like having your own pillow to sleep on. oh, and chapstick. definitely chapstick.

Cori said...

Disti - I know I just talked to you yesterday, but I really felt like I should say hi again today. I love you.

FULL TERM BABY!

Love, Bori

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Hey Miss Kristi! I love that you are just about ready to be a mommy!

By The Way, Tag! you are it! Go to my blog to find out what that means!