Thursday, October 25, 2007

Food and Wine Festival


Andrew's work hosted a AAA tradeshow last Thursday at the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. They kindly invited me to attend as well. It was a entertaining night and we learned a quite a bit about wine ( this is not difficult considering neither of us know anything about wine). We went to th opening reception in the ballroom of the Boardwalk. At this event they sampled and discussed all these expensive cheeses and wines. Andrew and I deleved into the multi-colored cheeses. I had never seen pink and teal cheese before. And I don't think I will ever have a chance to eat them again. But it was a really interesting. It was entertaining to watch each of the servers come up to me with their tray. I have never drank before, so I didn't think there was anything odd with just saying no thank you. But what I did not realize was the servers would come up to me from behind to offer me a glass they would realize I was preagnant and walk away awkwardly silent. It was very funny. They soon brought me a bottled water and a wine glass to drink it in.

But after that we headed over to Epcot for the Food and Wine festival. They gave both Andrew and I a 50$ gift card to sample the foods. Andrew and I didn't even go through half of one of the cards so we are saving them up. Then after the festival, we went to the dessert reception in the Italy Pavillion where there was a special viewing area for Illuminations (the firework show). I however, spent the entire Illuminations in the bathroom. The baby does not care for fireworks ;-)

Yea for Andrew's job! I don't know when we would have had an opportunity to do this.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Too funny! I remember a trip in Mexico wit my mom where we visited a wine press and they had sampling and information. We were the only ones not sampling, and then they tried to offer us other beverages, but they only had caffeinated beverages and we couldn't drink the water because it wasn't safe!! Lots of cheese and no way to wash it down! **sigh**

p.s. I am sure glad you blog. It is nice to keep in contact :-)

Cori said...

First, I am very jealous of your food and wine show. We went to the Madison one last weekend, but I have a feeling yours was a little classier.

The second picture you posted is funny! Why is Andrew pretending to make that grumpy face at you? I'm pretty sure it's all his fault your tummy is the size of a basketball. :)

Abby said...

Yeah- it's a whole different culture. We've been invited to a couple of "wine and cheese" parties since we've been here, but we've never gone. Maybe if enough of us get going, we can make "Chips and Salsa" high-class!!
(Or how about cake mix and the Leprechaun movie?) :)

I'm so glad you're blogging. Now I feel like I actually know what you're up to!!