Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Home...

We are home!!!
Yesterday afternoon we were discharged from the hospital. It was so good to be home. My days and nights are so mixed up I have a difficult time waking and sleeping. But I can not express how good it feels to have Luke back in our home. What a week... I can't even explain, it feels so sureal. I felt so helpless, seeing my son have to go through so much and not even a week old. But I soon learned he handeled it a little better than I did. So I began stepping out and having Andrew go with him when he had his procedures. It just seemed like so much for the little guy to go through, 2 spinal taps, catscan, MRI, EEG, and so so much blood work. He was such a trooper! But I am happy to say each day he spends more time awake ;-) Each day he is crying a little more:-) and we feel like he has done so much better since we have brought him home! Both Andrew and I feel strongly that he will be OK. Thank You all for your notes and prayers. We have appreciated then so so much. We took lots of pistures in the hospital. One of the pictures is of him and his grandma bates, we took this picture because they had to changehis IV and for a little bit he had 2, one on each side of his head. He also left the hospital in an outfit his grandma hill gave him so this is one of the pictures we tried to take of his grandma but he had to yawn. Oh, and his belly button fell of in the hospital so we had to add a picture of that! But I wanted to let you know we are home and and doing much better!

9 comments:

Cori said...

HOLY COW - GRANDMA BATES IS PUTTING HER DAUGHTERS TO SHAME! Seriously, that picture of our mom is amazing! The hair, the smile, the glow ... fingers crossed for you, me and Kim that we can enter "grandmahood" looking that fantastic.

Also, my little nephew is looking bigger and better every day!

Dave said...

Best news I've heard all day. We told Patten to send his vibes Luke's way, looks like it worked. Hope all continues to go well.

Allison said...

Glad to hear it. We have been really concerned about you guys....any definite diagnosis or even a lead as to what this was all about?

Shelly said...

I am sure Luke will have many more adventures to come that will keep his mom and dad on their toes and cause us all to marvel. - - We love Luke and we love you two very much! :)

Scott said...

It is so good to hear you are home and well. We had to put Jeff back in the hospital for a few days when he was just a few days old. It is super hard to see them get all those IV's and stuff. It sounds like you handled it pretty well. Good luck with everything and give me a call if you need to chat.

Shelly said...

Kristi & Andrew, Could you please send me your home address and telephone number by way of zeehook@yahoo.com? We love you! We're glad Luke is getting stronger each and every day.

Mikki said...

What a crazy first few weeks. I am glad that things are looking better. :)

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

You guys, have they figured out what was up? I am so sorry that you had that scary experience. I hope you guys have so many wonderful moments now!!!! We love you!

Devony said...

Oh hon, we're all thinking of you guys and praying for you! We're so glad that Luke is home and doing somewhat better! We hope he'll continue doing great now that he's home!