Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness

I am so sorry to all, I have been meaning to post this for days and days. So instead I just keep adding on and this post gets longer.

Oh and as for my last post, Thanks for all the prayers in regard to Alli, Kyle and Grant. I can't believe the outpouring of support and prayers from those of you who don't even know my dear friend. Grant was born on Friday March 20 after 26 hours of labor. Yes, Alli is amazing! He has had some ups and down ever since and is in surgery this morning (3/24). If you would like to watch for updates you can check Grant's Blog. Feel free to leave a comment for them I am sure it would make Alli happy to know how many people are praying for her little family.


As for our little family, we are all wonderful. And just for Grandma, here are lots of pictures. We have had a busy couple of weeks here on our happy little Hill-Top! But things are going so well. I am so happy its spring. Every time I look out my windows I feel like singing "June is Busting Out all Over" from Carousel. Yes, I know its not June. But it just seems like the right song for the weather. And because of the weather we have been spending a lot more time outside. Luke has really enjoyed it. It might sound funny, but Luke has not spent a lot of time outside. Its just kinda happened that way with the timing of things. But we are trying to change that. We have been taking him to the park a lot and walks to the store. He likes the sun and I think the baby swings are his new found passion. Another great thing about the park is he has lots of space to try out his new skills. Because.... Luke got his braces!!!! Yeaah! He has low muscle tone and because of this it has cause some complications with hisancles and feet. So we had some orthotics made to re alin his feet and help him stand and eventually learn to walk . They are super cute braces with little reen and blue dinosaurs on them and come up to right under his knee. Here is a picture of them on. Its crazy they make him like 3 in taller(because he can stand up straight) He has done realy great transitioning into wearing them and they don't seem to bother him at all. We put them on when we get him out of his crib in the morning and then we take them off right before we put him to bed. The only draw back is he has to wear shoes on top of them all the time.(to protect the brace) This is less than fun because we have to go two sizes up in shoes to get them on top of the braces. So its like he is learning to walk in clown shoes:-)
So know we will go in order, The next night we went up to Syracuse to spend the night with the Andrew's family. Andrew's sister Liz and her Kids were up from WY along with his sister Mel and her son Bronco. Luke has had a lot of respitory problems before that week but was perfectly healthy at that point:-)

Unfortunately it didn't last, the next night we woke up at 3 am and Luke couldn't breathe. He sounded dry and horse but the worst was the strider that accompanied each breathe. So up we went to the Out-patient Suction Clinic. They he didn't improve enough and his oxygen was low so they admitted him around 4:30 am on Friday the 13 for observation. I was really upset because I was scheduled to be a "fairy" at the public library that night. But since he had not had any problems breathing in a few hours I had my brother Kevin come to the hospital and sit with Luke so I go. By the way it was fabulous! My friend Ali (cori's BFF) is the public relations coordinator for the public library and was planning the wonderful annual Fairy Teaparty and needed people to help. I was so excited to do it and we had so much fun. If you look closely at the picture you can see my hot pink hospital bracelet. But I had a lot of fun (thanks Ali) And it worked out perfectly becaus Luke was dischraged a couple hours after I got back to the hospital that night. Don't feel bad if you didn't know he had been in the hospital, we didn't tell many people and didn't want people to worry. (thus no archival hospital pictures)
So after that night some meds and a couple of shots we haven't had any problems since. We are crossing our fingers that RSV/croup season is coming to the end. And then we went to our PT apt this week and........................ Tada.... Luke walked around the office with a push toy!!! We had though Luke might need a walker to hep him after he got his braces but he did so well it is looking like all we will need is a push toy and lots and lots of practice:-) This make me happy.

So that is most of the major events we have been up to. We had a chance to see my family last night as they prepared to fly out and see my sister Cori and her family in Chicago. And basically we are happy and excited to be at this fun point in our lives. The job hunt continues strong we have had a few more bites but not the big catch. But we are so incredibly grateful that we are able to be so blessed in the transition.

9 comments:

Lynn and Shelly said...

It's so nice to read all the good news happening to your young family. Luke keeps amazing us all. I think Luke will continue to amaze us all during his lifetime. - - Great job Kristi & Andrew! I'm glad to hear all of you are fine.

Allison said...

Yay for Luke! Those braces look like they are helping him a lot :-) Thanks for sending your family to pray for us.

Devony said...

Hooray for Luke! I think the braces look cute with the little dinos on them! That is so awesome that he walked around the room with the push toy! I'm going to call you to chat one of these days soon. Love and miss you!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

I am so glad for the update. You and your family are doing so many great things together! Thank you for letting us all know how Luke is doing.

Jamie said...

What great photos - Kristi you make the perfect fairy! Luke is getting so big - I probably won't even recognize him next time I see him! I've got your job hunt and your family in my prayers! Love you guys!

Jen Davis said...

Kristi,

What kind of job is Andrew looking for? Are you hoping to stay in Utah? Let me know, I hear things. Luke is getting so big and you are just a happy as ever.

Take care sweetie.

Jill Day said...

I'm so glad Luke is doing so well with the braces. He is so lucky to have such a great mommy.

Francine said...

Kristi, have been gone and so very slow in responding. I love the pictures, and so enjoyed spending Sunday night before your family left for Chicago land. He just seems to be moving forward in leaps and bounds. I am just amazed that he is moving forward so quickly. YOur mom told me about your new job, and I am so happy for you. It sounds like it is just up your alley. Is it this week or new week that you are in Bountiful. I want to try to get there, but I was so upset with what your mother was telling me that I didn't remember when.

Cummings said...

Hello my friend! This is your old room-roomate Kaylyn. It looks like you all are doing great - Luke is so cute!!! We now have a little one also - Abigail Grace - she is so fun! My blog is bkcummings.blogspot.com. It would be fun to here from you!