Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter.

Andrew and I have been married for 3 years and we have never really done much for Easter. So this Easter I thought it would be fun to surprise Andrew and Luke and do a Big Easter Surprise. Growing up, Easter Baskets came on Saturday morning. That was the day we did all things Easter Egg/Bunny-ish. On Sunday we did Easter dinner and LDS General Conference, etc. I liked it. Having a huge basket of candy made it much easier for an 8 year old to stay focused on the Saturday sessions of conference.
So this year began with a week of hiding my plans from my cute husband and setting everything up for Saturday Morning. It was so so fun. I got up a couple hours early made the smoothie and set everything up. This is a little movie on how the morning went. It was so fun. I didn't mean to but we this Easter had almost an Alice in Wonderland theme. The basket outside Andrew's door said "Use Me" and this is what our counter top looked like. The RedBox movie was ALICE. It is a SciFi adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. Andrew and I have wanted to see it for a long time. We watched it in between conference sessions and made ourselves ill off of Easter Candy.

Later Andrew and I decorated eggs.
Andrew got this awesome metallic egg decorating kit in his Easter Basket. It was actually much harder than it looked. I liked the pink metallic foil, to bad it didn't like me. I was super sad that Andrew's egg turned out better than mine. He has a talent with the dye. I also made an egg that Andrew said looked like the image of the Virgin Guadalupe, but it broke, sad day. Andrew named his Egg "The Charlie Brown Egg" I named mine "The Lavender Brown Egg" Which do you like better?

And today we enjoyed General conference, homemade chicken pot pie, family time! It was an absolutely wonderful Easter.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Justin and I decided to do the fun candy, egg, bunny stuff on Saturday from now on too. We had a great time making easter baskets for each other and doing fun little things for katie. Looks like your surprise was so fun and also very cute. Miss you

Chantelle said...

Cool! I like the eggs; very pretty...and I bet Luke loved getting that fun Easter basket! I've been wanting to see ALICE, too...what did you think of it?

Kristi said...

I loved it! But we like scifi/fantasy. It is set in a kind of post apocalyptic wonderland. I loved the production design it was really fun!

Lynn and Shelly said...

I loved the few Easter weekends we found ourselves with the entire family (cousins, grandma & grandpa, aunts & uncles) up at Bear Lake. -- They are fantastic and enjoyable memories!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Kristi! I am so excited for you and your adorable little family! You are going to have a very lucky little baby joining your amazing little family! Plus, how do you stay so motivated to be busy? I am amazed by your example.