Monday, April 5, 2010

Lets get all better

I pretty much have the most amazing kid ever. He has taught me alot and really I don't know if there is a more kind-hearted child on the face of the Earth. He tries to be obedient and is amazing at sharing and pointing to Mickey. (Finding Mickey is pretty much Luke's favorite game in the whole world.) He had a rough beginning but has been doing better than Andrew and I could have ever hoped. He has been healthy for over 8 months, and we made it through our first winter with out any respiratory problems :-) Yay for no RSV!!!!!! Because of this we think he is growing out of his asthma and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. As far as his development and therapy, I am proud of him. He is my little trooper and continues to try, even when things are scary and uncomfortable. Basically we have been in a really great place. Well I have. I rejoice in his successes and don't really pay attention to milestones anymore. I use to have such a difficult time with comments people would make, or reading articles that talk about milestones and trying to justify Luke's differences to strangers. But I have finally gotten to the point where I say "Yep he's two", "Yea, he does look a little tired", and " Yep he is tall for his age." But I have learned not to compare. Man o man, was this a lesson I needed to learn. I am an absolutely horrible "comparer". I am trying to be better at this in other aspects of my life as well. I think most women have difficulty with comparing, and it is such a destructive habit. I am happy to be learning and changing.

Basically life is just really wonderful for me and my little family. I am so happy for Luke to have a brother. I am so happy to be pregnant (I love being pregnant). I am overjoyed with my dear husband and with the opportunity he has to have a job he enjoys. Life is good. And I am so reluctant to let that change although I know I don't always have a choice. :-)
Luke has been having some difficulties with eating lately and we have been doing what we can to keep things down and keep our house from smelling like vomit. Unfortunately it is a battle I have been losing. Blah don't come to my house it stinks :-) But I just wish I could make things easier, make him feel better and make it all go away. We are going in for a longer consultation next monday to see what our game plan should be. With his hypotonia there is an laundry list of a million things it could be. It could be as simple as the worlds longest stomach flu or a little acid reflux. Or it could mean lots more testing and things I don't really want to deal with. But we will see and I know it is all ok.

No comments: