Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quality Time and Low Quality Pictures

My goodness. The past couple weeks have been wonderful. I wish I had a camera to document it all. But our camera is critically ill and we are no longer borrowing Kimberly's. But Yay for Andrew's Droid which allows us to take some pictures of our adventures. Sorry for the lower quality, but yippee for pictures.

Luke is doing so well. There has been little to no vomit for over a week now and Luke has started to get his appetite back. We still need to go back in for an MRI. But over all he is doing really well.
Temple Square
So here are some of Luke's current adventures. Last Sunday was Andrew's Mom's last week in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It has been so fun to have her in the choir and it is Luk'es favorite part of General conference. So last Sunday was her last Music and the Spoken Word. And her family was able to come early, be introduced and watch her be recognized in front of the choir. It was so fun. We had to be on temple square around 7 am and listened to their pre-run-through rehearsal. Luke was amazing. And by amazing I mean that he was able to sit quietly for over and hour in the very echo-y tabernacle. I was so proud. He sat with his grandpa for the first half and on his daddies lap for the second half. He was being so cute. He stood up on the bench when they announced her grand children and clapped loudly and yayed after each number. He was to cute, it made my day. But when it was time for the real broadcast to begin Luke would have no more of this sitting business. we went into the little cry-room in the back and he was just so miserable I decided to walk him around during the actual performance. Luke loves temple square. He loves that he can run and he LOVES the flowers. (Flowers are Luke's new fascination) So Luke and I went into the visitors center, where Luke charmed the sister missionaries. He chased them around wanting to give them hugs and kisses. We watched the end of the broadcast in the theater and Luke Loved to yell out "Grandma" each time he saw her on the screen. So basically Luke ran around and had the time of his life.
Beautiful Weather!
I am so so so happy it is warm outside. Our weather here in Provo, has consisted of warm days, rainy days, a little bit of hail and a lot of wind. So it has been perfect, I love the wind because it reminds me of Idaho. I love the rain because it reminds me of Florida. And I love the warm weather because it means we get to play outside! ( I could, however do with out the hail) Luke loves going to the park. He likes to swing, play on the jungle gym, and run around the restroom. I kid you not. There is a paved walkway that goes all around the restrooms and he loves to run around it and watch you chase him. Here he is which his daddy on the 6th or 7th lap :-)
Bridal Veil Falls
We love this walk. It is short, beautiful, and paved. Luke can run a long beside us and point to the many "puppies". And his favorite part is not the waterfall at the end but the rocks you can through at the water fall. It is so fun to have such beautiful places so close to our home. We decided we should take advantage of them more. So think we are planning to go up their again for FHE tomorrow. Yay for more puppies and rocks :-)
Family
Yes, I know this picture is terrible but it was the only one I had. My dad came into town this weekend to stay with us. (my mom decided to stay home with my brother because she had just been up here the week before) But I loved having him here. Two of my cousin's graduated on Saturday and so both the Davis Family (my dad's sister) and the Bates family (my dad's brother) where in town to celebrate. We got to play together and I forgot how much I adore them. Basically my family is hilarious and I loved every minute I got to spend with them.

6 comments:

Megan and Ben Smith said...

I'm glad you guys are doing well and having so much fun! Much love your way!

Allison said...

Yay for no more pukes this week! I sure hope that you can have a solid answer soon! I love Bridal Veil Falls. You should also go up and explore the areas around Aspen Grove. There are some really nice walks around there and pretty meadows and waterfalls. I love Provo summers! Speaking of which, is your phone working? We will be in Provo on Wednesday for a funeral and if you are healthy, I would love to see you for a few minutes at least!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Your blog entry is just so full of life and love! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Jill said...

Kristi, I just wanted to say I love you and miss you. I love reading your blog and getting glimpses of you and your family through your posts. We're moving to Salt Lake! We're moving in August and I'd love to catch up with you sometime. Toni lives in Orem so we'll be in the Orem/Provo area all the time.

Rosie said...

What a cute and clever blog title. But I thought the pictures were adorable!

Debbie Davis said...

It was absolutely lovely to see you and your family. It's been too long. We have an awesome family, don't we!