Friday, October 3, 2008

Amazing, yes even magical...

I am very grateful for many things in my life but I would like to take the time to post about two wonderful items I can not live with out. Both of these items may at first glance appear plain everyday household objects. But they have magical properties. Well maybe not magical but it seems that way. And I love them and they make my life easier and happier so I figure it is time I gave them adequate appreciation for the role they play in my life.

My Footstool
This portion should be entitled "ode to my Footstool" because I find my self daily using it and being amazed by it. Yes its sounds ridiculous but my footstool makes me so happy. Since I acquired this beautiful sturdy stool, my house stays cleaner. Really it does! Let me explain, I am not particularly short but for some reason I can only reach about 20% of the cabinets in my house. This means when I would do dishes, file bills, or put away laundry(all of our clothes are in cabinets, yes I know it is strange) I would only be able to put less than half of it away. I would try the trick of throwing it up and trying to get it to stay on the shelf, but that didn't work so well, especially with folded clothes and I couldn't do it with the dishes. And alas our chairs are not the type you can stand on. So in the end the other half would be laying out for Andrew to put away when he got home. I had never realized how much the non-reachable shelf items cluttered my house until I got the stool and so much of the mess seemed to disappear. I love it. Really I can't explain it, but I have very fond feelings toward this piece of furniture. Here is Luke showing off my wonderful stool. I think it is such a cut stool too. I think that adds to my affection for it.
On to the next


Babes in Toyland (1986)
Or as our family affectionately calls it, "Cinciwhatsci". Now when I spoke of magical properties earlier this one really has them. I do not know what strange spell this video casts over my baby but it doesn't matter what he is doing or how upset he is . He will drop everything and stare unblinkingly at this movie. He will laugh along with it and frown at the bad guys. Thus the following video.
Amazing I know, A little crazy I know. He has absolutely no interest in anything else we play on the television. I try to limit his Cinciwhatsci watching to just when we give him his medicine at night. This is the only way he will allow us to nebulize him at night.

Let me give you a little background on this movie. It was a made for TV musical back in the eighties starring Drew Barrymore, Keanu Reeves, Googy Gris and the man from the Karate Kid. I had watched it at my grandparents house when I was little. One day my mom and I got talking about it and she found it on E-Bay for a couple of dollars. It is hilarious how, well I can't even fully describe the scope of this movie and do it justice so I have enclosed the trailers from You-tube so you can gain a better idea. All I have to say is I hope it doesn't stay his favorite movie forever, but I am so grateful we have it and don't know what to do if the VHS tape brakes.


Oh P.S. the cocaine bottle in the second You-tube clip is not in the movie, someone just cut that in. Its a vary family friendly movie.




3 comments:

Devony said...

A. I was so excited to see another post, and another, and another! Then I saw the comcast one. Yay for early Christmas presents and the Internet!
B. I know there are 2 versions of Babes in Toyland. One I watched as a kid and it freaked me out - where the bad guy lives in a bowling ball. Who knows why that was scary to me, but it was!
3. I LOVE that you're practically having to yell for Luke to look at you because he is so engrossed in the movie! When he finally does turn he has this "WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!?" look that I kept dying over. I loved the video mostest of all.

Kailey Boucher said...

hahaha!! thats so funny!!

Heather said...

I'm so glad that there is someone else out there that appreciates the wonderfulness that is
C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I Babes In Toyland!