Friday, October 31, 2008

Simply Inspired - Things that make Kristi happy!!!!


This is not my usual blog. Usually I try to reserve the blog for things I think people will want to see, like Luke or family outings. I also usually try to blog stuff that applies to both Andrew and I. This blog is neither. But today I woke up and felt so inspired, actually this morning I got up to go running with my friend and through-up right before she got here, but that is beside the point. (I am feeling much better now thank you) But after all that I felt better, Ilooked outside and took some time to relax. I was overwhelmed with all of the simple little things in my life that make me so happy. This is just a post about some of the simple things in my life that make me so happy. We will call it a voyage into Kristi's mind :-)


Fall-I love the fall. I love that it is cool enough that I can take Luke out in the middle of the day but it isn't cold. I love to go on long walks each afternoon. I really like the wooden smell that seems to permeate in each direction. And I really really love the leaves and the colours. I find myself constantly wishing I have a camera. It's just one of those things that makes days better.



Nap-time
Oh it is a blessed thing. I really think part of the reason babies need naps is because with out them mothers would not be able to function. The Lord new this when creating us and inbedded a need within babies to sleep for small periods of time so that Mommies can rest and be better Mommies. I just really am so happy that Luke naps. He is getting so good about it to. I am so proud of him.








Knitting/Herbal Tea- I love herbal tea!!! Love it! I love the way it is light and warm and calming. I love the way I get to use a tea cup. I love that each evening when I sit down with my teapot, cup, saucer, 1/2 tsp of sugar and "Pomegranate Pizzazz" I can be anything from Anne of green gables to Elizabeth Bennet. I love to pretend. Yes its true and it might be ridiculous for a 25 year old woman. But I love it. I love to close my eyes and imagine I am someone somewhere else in a different time. Some read, I simply daydream. I am sure this will not come as a shock to most of you who know me well. All I ever wanted to do was play pretend and wear a big dress. Thus, I majored in theater, played a princess, and became a drama teacher.
I love that feeling of a calmer more gentile time...

And along this vein. I have taken up knitting, I tried crocheting and well wasn't very good. So I switched to knitting which I like much better. Plus, there are so many more role playing opportunities with knitting needles than a crochet hook. You don't see a lot of crochet hooks in classic old movies. :-) Silly, but true.



Harry Potter, Audio Books
I never actually read the Harry Potter's until I started commuting to and from Playmill my first year. Now I love them all. But they are all on my computer now and they have been such a wonderful thing for me these past 11 months. Why you may ask? I love the vivid language and the wonderful fantasy. I can get lost in them while doing the dishes, nebulizing the baby, or folding laundry. I love that I don't have to watch or keep my eyes on anything, I can just listen in and tune out. I use to listen to them non-stop the first few months here, while I was still pumping. I have also listened to the Chronicles of Narnia and a couple other series but this one is my favorite. It takes a little more than a week to finish all seven books. And my hands are still free to be productive. I have listened the the series on the upside of 20 now so I am getting quite proficient on the details. It's amazing that in almost every dream I have, perform at least one spell. But it is so nice to have a little something going on in the back ground while I am home with Luke.

Happy Shows
Old movies, musicals, Halmark mini-series, most movies made before 1960. I love it. I love the classic Walt Disney Films Swiss family Robinson, Family Band, 2,000 Leagues, Bednobs and Broomsticks, Parent Trap, Tobey Tyler, Mary Poppins, Darby O'Gill. Yep love 'um all and Pollyanna is my favorite.


Memories
Last night Andrew and I were up late talking about childhood Halloween Traditions and watching old 80's Haloween specials (The Worst Whitch) But I am so grateful for memories and that I have so many good ones. Little things. The monster at the end of this book, perms, old halloween costumes, old toys. This is one of those subjects Andrew and I never run short on, we love to reminis. In fact I think it might be one of my favorite pass times in the whole world. So I thought just as a little add on I would post my favorite childhood cartoon. I loved Ponies, Strawberry shortcake , Rainbow brite and strawberry shortcake to... But Rose petal was my favorite. You don't have to watch it, just thought I would add it in.












3 comments:

Lynn and Shelly said...

You know what makes your Aunt so happy .... remembering you and Cori as little girls. You were so inquisitive and spunky. Cute as buttons too! You two formed sentences and even made sense when you were two (2) or six (6) years old. - - Now you and Cori are the most beautiful mothers in the world, are creative and wonderful writers, (Uncle Lynn wonders why and where I got my love for writing ... I can take one paragraph and broaden it out to five pages, just look at my family, eh!) and another thing that makes your Aunt so happy is that you are GREAT mothers.

Cori said...

I love that your hairstyle in the little Kristi picture and the 2008 Halloween pictures are almost identical.

Our Strawberry Shortcake toys were so awesome.

Devony said...

I love the Monster at the End of this Book too! We got it a few months ago and I laughed as I read it. I'm so glad you're you Kristi! I miss you and was glad to read your happy post. It was like being with you again for a little bit! Also, you are never too old to pretend! It keeps us young.