Monday, October 6, 2008

Being Inspired

I have had a wonderful day. Luke and I went for a walk to get his formula at the store. Its about a half mile away but because it is a beautifully sunny autumn day with a wonderful crisp breeze we decided to go this afternoon. Luke was being pleasent so I got to thinking. I enjoyed the General Conference for my church yesterday and was particularly touched by an address given by the Prophet, President Monson.
( http://www.lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-947,00.html) It was wonderful and I liked it because he kept quoting plays and I felt an instant bond when he quoted one of my very favorite plays Our Town.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it?—every, every minute?"
- Thornton Wilder

I have always loved this quote but it is funny how we forget about things that we love. I need to pin it up over my dishwasher so I don't forget. So I began thinking they always use to tell us at Playmill that the purpose of life is "to make beautiful memories." So today on my walk I started thinking about that. How wonderful it is to be alive breathing in and out. And then I started to think about the Giver. (I know my thoughts jump alot but it really did connect:-) If you haven't read it I highly recommend it. I won't go into that plot either but as I thought of the story I just became very aware of how beautiful the Provo is. I have never been a huge fan of Provo so this was good for me :-) I was particularly inspired by the colors. Fall is beautiful! I had my camera in my purse and, well, I just started taking pictures of things I thought were pretty. People thought I was a little strange taking pictures of their sidewalk but I had a lot of fun and I liked the colors of the rocks in the cement. Lately it has been so easy for my life to be consumed by taking care of Luke, cleaning my house, cooking and other life sustaining needs. But it was wonderful to take a little extra time and think about how to make more beautiful memories.


5 comments:

Lynn and Shelly said...

You, my dear Kristi, are very precious to me and to sooo many others. Thanks for being so strong and being such a remarkable mom! You are a great example to me.
*Me* :)

Devony said...

What a great post Kristi! It's so good to stop and think about these things sometimes and to rearrange our thoughts to be pointed more in this direction instead of the more negative trap we all often fall into. Thanks for Inspiring us all!

Allison said...

I too loved President Monson's talk! I kept nudging Kyle and telling him that the prophet condones all musical watching! lol. Glad you are taking time to enjoy the little things. Perspective is a great thing.

I Am Frugal said...

Hey Kristi, I hope you don't mind that I found your blog. I love your header picture. I'm glad you finally have the internet at your house. Its amazing how convenient the internet is now. I feel so lost when the internet is down at our house even if it is just for a few hours.

I hope you guys are doing well and I hope you don't mind if I take a peek at your blog every once in awhile. If you want to take a look at mine it is pettingillspage.blogspot.com. Its nothing amazing and I need to post some pictures but if you are ever bored you can take a look at it.

Erin Pettingill

Charisa and Trent said...

I sure think you're beautiful. :o) Thank you for your wonderful thoughts Kristi.